Each new applicant is charged a $30 application fee which covers the costs of handling the application. This is a one time fee and covers all subsequent enrollments. This fee applies to credit and audit students, whether full-time or part-time, day or evening. The application fee is not refundable or transferable. International application fee is $50.00.
Matriculation and Tuition Fees
Required tuition fees are established by the Florida Keys Community College District Board of Trustees under State Board of Education regulations. In accordance with Florida statutes, 6% of tuition and matriculation fees are placed in a scholarship fund.
Fees per Credit Hour
Florida Residents (matriculation fee)…… $109.22
Non-Florida Residents (matriculation fee and tuition)……. $438.73
Except for the deferment of fees for qualified veterans, all fees are due at the time of registration. The College has no legal provisions for the extension of credit of any kind. No registration will be completed until all fees and prior financial obligations to the College have been paid in full. Students may not attend classes until this is accomplished. Personal checks, Visa, Master Card, and American Express for the amount of fees due may be accepted.
Deferment of Fees for Qualified Veterans
Under the provisions of Florida Law, any eligible veteran or other person who wishes to pursue an approved program of education or training within the meaning of Chapter 34 Title 38 United States Code at any institution within the State University System or Community College System shall be allowed one (1) deferment for the payment of registration fees within any 12-month period. This is considered to be the 12-month period commencing on the first day of regular registration of the term for which the eligible veteran is requesting deferment. No deferment can be longer than sixty (60) days or up to ten (10) days prior to the end of the term (last day of final examination) whichever is shorter. The deferment shall be given on the first day of registration for the first term of enrollment. Failure to pay deferred fees when due will result in being withdrawn from courses with the full fees still being owed by the Veteran. Full repayment is due whether or not the Veteran receives his VA benefits. No deferment shall be granted to an eligible person who has received advanced or prepaid educational benefits from the Veterans Administration.
Student Activity Fee
A fee of 10% of the matriculation fee is charged for student activity expenses.
Other Student Activity Fees
Special – Non-Refundable
The following special non-refundable fees will be added to the regular matriculation and tuition fee when applicable:
• Application Fee …….$30.00
• Credit or Exemption by Examination (per semester hour)…….$20.00
• Credit by Institutional Exam – Nursing (per semester hour)…….$7.00
• Graduation Fee …….$25.00 – this fee must be paid when submitting the application for graduation.
• Transcript Fee …….$10.00
For fees concerning Post-Secondary Adult Vocational, Continuing Workforce Education, Lifelong Learning, and Recreation and Leisure please contact the Office of Continuing Education at (305) 809-3238.
- Refunds of 100% will be made until the close of business on the last day of late registration as listed in the catalog (the date coincides with the last day to drop courses).
- Students whose registration is canceled by official college action will be entitled to full refund of tuition and laboratory fees.
- To receive a refund for college credit courses that do not follow the academic calendar, students must withdraw prior to the second class meeting. In the case of college credit courses that have four (4) or fewer meetings, the student must withdraw prior to the first class meeting in order to be eligible for a full refund.
- Students withdrawing from non-credit courses consisting of three (3) or fewer class meetings must withdraw before the first class meeting to receive a 100% refund. If a non-credit course consists of more than three (3) class meetings, the student must withdraw before the second class meeting to receive a full refund.
- Students who register beyond the last day to change courses will not be eligible for a refund. An official withdrawal form must be completed by students requesting a refund.
Exceptions to the Established Refund Policy
The Dean of Student Affairs is only able to grant exceptions if one of the following criteria is met:
- An adverse medical situation has arisen as documented by a physician.
- Change of military orders.
- Change in employment hours as documented by your employer. (Your change of employment hours must be initiated by your employer).
100% of the lab fee will be refunded through the date shown in the college catalog as the last day to change courses. Thereafter, no refund of lab fees is authorized unless specifically authorized by the Executive Dean or designee.