May I apply for admission to FKCC at any time?

Yes; however, you must submit all of your required international student documents that are required in FKCC’s international student packet at least two months prior to the start of your desired term.


Does FKCC offer an English program?



Do I need TOEFL to apply to FKCC?

Yes. Degree-seeking students will be required to have TOEFL with a minimum score of 61 (Internet-based), 500 (paper-based) or 173 (computer-based).


May I take the TOEFL in my country before applying to FKCC?

Yes. The test is administered several times per year worldwide. Please visit the TOEFL website to learn more. ​

If my native language is English, is TOEFL required?

No. If English is your native language, evidence of English proficiency is not required. ​


If I submit a satisfactory TOEFL score, will I still have to take placement exams at FKCC?

Yes. TOEFL scores are not used for placement, only for admission purposes. Confirmation of your English proficiency will be determined by the placement exams at FKCC.


I have limited financial resources. May I receive financial assistance from FKCC?

No. A statement of financial resources available to support your educational and living expenses must be provided to FKCC. The minimum required resources are estimated to be $25,589.00.


I have completed an English-as-a -Second Language Program at another institution. Do I still have to take the FKCC placement exams?

Yes. Exams are necessary to determine if you still need additional language training and to assist with proper placement into courses.​  You also need to take the TOEFL exam.


Does FKCC issue the form I-20?

Yes, once you have submitted all documents required in FKCC’s international student packet and have been approved for admission to FKCC. ​


After admission, will I be able to register for classes at FKCC before I receive the student visa?

No. You must enter the U.S. on your student visa and provide proof of the student visa before registration for classes will be allowed.


After being admitted, if I am unable to enter the U.S. by the start date on my I-20, will be able to attend classes for that term?

No. If you are unable to enter the U.S. prior to the deadline for registration, you must request a new I-20 for the next available term. For initial admission to the U.S. on a student visa, students will not be allowed to enter the U.S. any earlier than 30 days before the start date on the I-20.​