Basic Eligibility Requirements:
Students must have:
-Completed the 9th grade.
-An un-weighted cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or higher (A cumulative GPA of 2.0 is required for vocational PSAV courses.)
-The recommendation of the high school principal/assistant principal/counselor
-College Level Placement Scores that demonstrate college readiness
- Reading for all classes
- Other areas as dictated by College Catalog
-Other Course Catalog Prerequisites
- No Physical Education Courses (including those courses that start with the prefix PEN or PEQ)
- No Developmental Courses
- No Courses with a lab fee of $225 or greater
- No Courses that are less than 3 credits that are not designated as lab courses
List of Courses excluded from Dual Enrollment eligibility
How do I get started?
- Think about your education and career goals. The website Florida Virtual Campus is an excellent educational planning website.
- Browse through the FKCC catalog to identify the degree programs and courses that interest you, then:
- Meet with your school counselor to discuss your goals and the FKCC accelerated education options that can help you reach them.
- Arrange for free college placement testing (PERT) if you plan to enroll in college credit classes and have not taken an appropriate college placement test.
a. Students must make an appointment to take the PERT test.
b. To make an appointment, students must complete thePERT Authorization Form with their counselor and return it to FKCC with their completed DE Application for Admission.
c. Alternatively, the counselor can call (305) 809-3196 for KWHS, (305) 809-3219 MHS, or (305) 809-3154 CSHS to schedule an appointment and the student must show up 30 minutes prior to testing with all completed forms.
d. Once the student has been assigned a student ID by FKCC, they may take the PERT test.
e. Students are responsible for returning test scores to their high school counselor.
- Complete all sections of the Dual Enrollment Application form (if this is the first time you are registering) and Dual Enrollment Authorization form (or Approval form for Home School Students) and secure all the required signatures.
- Return all completed forms to FKCC Admissions Department.
- Parents and students should familiarize themselves with the colleges add/drop policies.
a. Students may drop from a course only during the drop/add period. This effectively removes the course from the student’s transcript.b. After the add/drop period has passed students may withdraw from the course up to the 70% point of the course. Courses from which students withdraw from will appear on the student’s transcript with a grade of a “W”.c. For specific dates, please consult the academic calendar on the college web site or in the student handbook.
Commonly Used Forms
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
FERPA Consent Form 2013-2014
Public School Students
Dual Enrollment Authorization Form-Monroe County School District Students
Dual Enrollment Application for Admission Form-Monroe County School District Students
PERT Authorization Form
Island Christian School Students
Dual Enrollment Authorization Form-Island Christian School
Dual Enrollment Application for Admission Form-Island Christian School
For more information, please contact the Coordinator of Dual Enrollment : Christina Pichardo at christina.pichardo@fkccedu or the FKCC Dual Enrollment Liason : Michael McPherson at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (305) 809-3280.