Video Presentations Campus Slide Shows Challenge Game Interactive Map

Applying for Financial Aid

Notification of Social Security Number Collection and Usage
To be eligible for any type of Federal, State or Institutional financial aid you must fulfill the following requirements:
  • You must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
  • You must have a valid social security number.
  • You must be admitted into a degree-seeking program. You may apply for aid before you are admitted but you must be admitted before aid can be awarded or disbursed to you.
  • If you are a male of at least 18 years of age, you must be registered with selective service.
  • To retain eligibility you must maintain satisfactory academic progress.
  • If you have attended other institutions before FKCC, all official transcripts must be submitted to and reviewed by Enrollment Services before aid will be authorized to ensure that you are meeting satisfactory academic progress.  
How to Apply for Financial Aid
The first step to receiving financial aid requires completion of a FAFSA, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.  Students should complete the application based on the term they plan on attending:
Which FAFSA should I complete?
Fall 2013
Spring 2014
Summer 2014
 2013-2014 FAFSA
Fall 2014
Spring 2015
Summer 2015
 2014-2015 FAFSA
FKCC's Federal school code is 001485.
Completed FAFSAs, are processed and transmitted electronically to the college within a few business days. If your application is rejected, we will notify you in writing. If your application is selected for “VERIFICATION”, you will receive a letter in the mail requesting additional documentation. You may also view outstanding financial aid requirements by logging in to your myFKCC account. Please note that verification requirements for the 2012-13 school year have changed. Using the 'IRS DATA RETRIEVAL TOOL' on your 2012-13 FAFSA will decrease the chance of getting selected for verification, and will help to expedite the financial aid application process.
Type of Student
Required Forms

Fall 2013
Spring 2014
Summer 2014
 Dependent Students
  • Under 24
  • Not married
  • No children
  • No military service 
Fall 2013
Spring 2014
Summer 2014
 Independent Students
  • Over 24
  • Married
  • Has children
  • Served in the military












Students who are selected for verification must request a Tax Return Transcript from the IRS. There are three ways to request a free tax return transcript:

  1. Online
  2. Telephone 1-800-829-1040
  3. Form 4506T-This is the only way to request that a transcript is sent to an address other than the address used on the original tax return.
Once verification is complete on a student file, the appropriate Federal Financial Aid may be applied.  Pell Grants are automatically authorized to student accounts.  Award letters are periodically created and emailed to students. In the event that a student is not eligible for a Pell Grant, a letter informing them of alternate aid sources is emailed to them.  Other sources of aid include:

Federal Direct Student Loans
Students wishing to receive Federal Direct Student Loans must click here and follow the listed steps to complete the loan process.
Click here for a list of FKCC's institutional scholarships for upcoming terms.

State Grants & Scholarships
Click here for additional information regarding Florida state grants and scholarships.
Still have questions? You can reach us at or 305-809-3253.