Donor Bill of Rights
To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, FKCC Foundation supports the Association of Fundraising Professionals and other fundraising organizations in a declaration that all donors have the following rights.
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the non-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of FKCC's mission, of the way FKCC intends to use donated resources, and of our capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on FKCC Foundation's governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to FKCC's most recent financial statements.
- To be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To know that FKCC will never share your name or any other personal information with any other organization outside the college and the foundation.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
The Donor Bill of Rights was created by the American Association of Fund Raising Counsel (AAFRC), the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), and the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE). It has been endorsed by numerous organizations, including the FKCC Foundation. Should you have any questions about your donor rights, please email email@example.com.