Council for Purchasing Professionals
The Council of Purchasing Professionals (COPP) is comprised of the purchasing officials of the 28 community colleges in Florida. The objective of COPP shall be to promote the development of cost effective COPP co-operative purchase contracts to maximize total value for participating colleges.It is also to promote the open inter-change of information concerning the purchasing profession, provide an arena for personal professional growth of members, and provide a channel of communication with the Purchasing Departments of Florida 's Community Colleges for matters of common interest.
Purchasing Code of Ethics
- Give first consideration to the objectives and policies of my institution.
- Strive to obtain the maximum value for each dollar of expenditure.
- Decline personal gifts or gratuities.
- Grant all competitive suppliers equal consideration insofar as state or federal statute and institutional policy permit.
- Conduct business with potential and current suppliers in an atmosphere of good faith, devoid of intentional misrepresentation.
- Demand honesty in sales representation whether offered through the medium of a verbal written statement, an advertisement, or a sample of the product.
- Receive consent of originator of proprietary ideas and designs before using them for competitive purchasing purposes.
- Make every reasonable effort to negotiate an equitable and mutually agreeable settlement of any controversy with a supplier, and/or be willing to submit any major controversies to arbitration or other third party review, insofar as established policies at my institution permit.
- Accord a prompt and courteous reception insofar as conditions permit to all who call on legitimate business missions.
- Cooperate with trade, industrial and professional associations, and with governmental and private agencies for the purposes of promoting and developing sound business methods.
- Foster fair, ethical and legal trade practices.
- Counsel and cooperate with NAEP members and promote a spirit of unity and a keen interest in professional growth among them.